About Calcey Technologies
Calcey Technologies is a professional services firm providing software development expertise from Colombo, Sri Lanka, to international clients in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Stockholm and Adelaide. Located at Trace Expert City – the country’s leading IT & innovation park in central Colombo, Calcey’s office has been described by visitors as ‘a bit of Google in Sri Lanka’. A 100 strong, fast growing team of software developers, technical leads, QA engineers, project managers and designers, make up the Calcey team. International clients visit the office regularly and some have gone to the extent of stationing on-site scrum masters, that live and work with the Calcey team in Colombo.
About the opportunities at Calcey
Several large scale projects serving clients in US, Europe and Australia currently being ramped up and Calcey seeks skilled techies who wish to live and work in Sri Lanka, to augment these project teams.
Roles available: Technical Leads, Web/Mobile Developers
These are hands-on roles that include planning, designing, coding, debugging, testing, deployment and team leadership. In addition, the positions will require interfacing with other internal and external technology stakeholders.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in developing REST APIs in node.js, .NET or Java is a plus
- Thorough in Object Oriented Design
- Knowledge and experience in Architectural and Design Patterns is a plus
- Experience in working with PostgreSQL / MS SQL Server is a plus
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience is required for the Technical Lead role
- 2 years of hands-on development experience is required for Web/Mobile Developer roles
- A minimum time commitment of 6 months is expected for both roles
- Willingness to learn different programming paradigms, languages and technologies is a requirement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand, adapt, initiate, implement process, and operate in a changing and sometimes undefined environment
- Analytical thinking and planning, communication, problem-solving, good judgment, and the ability to influence others positively is required
- Ability to effectively communicate even when the information is sensitive/difficult
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ethical, Courageous, Transparent, Imaginative, Candid, and Responsible
Selected candidates can look forward to an above market remuneration package in Sri Lanka inclusive of a housing allowance and a company sponsored work visa. Candidates would have to bear their own airfare to travel to Sri Lanka.
If interested please email your MS WORD or PDF resume (named in firstname_lastname format) to [email protected] with the job title “Digital nomad-” as the Subject.